Vision, Aim and Principles
The drb Ignite Multi Academy Trust has been established through a shared belief that lives can be transformed by what goes on in schools. We believe that the process of teaching and learning shapes futures. To this end our mission is to give every child learning experiences that excite them and give them the power to begin to shape their own lives.
drb Ignite Multi Academy Trust ensures that all pupils achieve the highest standard of educational outcomes regardless of circumstances or background.
Our aim will be achieved by:
- taking a dynamic approach to driving continuous improvement in teaching and learning through research and development
- ensuring our academies work together to share best practice in order to continually improve pedagogy
- supporting our academy leaders to inspire and influence others and play an active part in the wider self-improving school system
- creating outward facing academies that engage with appropriate local, national and international support to access expertise and professional development
- listening to the voice of pupils, parents, governors, staff and other stakeholders.
We have set ourselves the following 8 goals:
- children will progress at a rate above the national average
- school performance will be above the national average
- we will create a highly effective ‘self-improving system’ which is positively influencing pupil achievement
- children in drb Ignite schools will be more engaged in their learning, reported by children themselves through our annual child survey
- children will demonstrate improvements in their health & wellbeing
- every school will have evidence to show how robust partnerships with at least one other school have contributed to improved pupil outcomes
- drb Ignite MAT will have well regarded collaborative practice focused on closing achievement gaps
- drb Ignite MAT will have a reputation for the depth and quality of innovative primary practice.
Our three operating principles are similarly simple. They drive the everyday work of the Trust and its schools: